Guidance for OER Liaisons (OERLs)
During the course of the OERI’s 1st round of OER Liaison (OERL) Orientations, we received many suggestions for additional resources that the Liaisons were needing and we heard a pretty basic question from some of you – what should I be doing if I am an OERL? As our OERLs come to us with a range of experiences, we reasoned that we should develop or identify resources that honor that – and meet you where you are at. With that in mind, we offer the following resources tailored to our beginning, intermediate, and advanced OERLs.
Upcoming OER Liaison Webinars and Conversations
- OER Committees on Campus – an OERL Conversation
Monday, April 6, 2020 – 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Have you been tasked with establishing an OER committee at your college – or have you realized that you need one? How does this work? What are some strategies used at other colleges? Join us for a conversation regarding the do’s, don’ts, and effective approaches to implementing a body that will guide and support local OER advocacy efforts.
- Textbook Vouchers and OER – an OERL Conversation
Thursday, April 23, 2020 – 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Textbook vouchers have regulations that limit how they can be spent. How does this impact student access to resources? Questions to discuss:
• What types of textbook vouchers are available to our students?
• What laws and policies exist that apply to spending textbook vouchers?
• How do these laws and/or polices potentially influence access to affordable textbooks?