ASCCC OERI’s application process is always open. If you are interested in OER work, we want to hear from you. The applications we receive are one metric that we use to assess discipline interest in OER. Please scroll to the bottom of the page more for information.
Spring 2021 – Discipline Lead Recruitment
The ASCCC OERI is currently recruiting faculty to serve as Discipline Leads for the following disciplines. Interested faculty should complete the ASCCC OERI Application Procedure as soon as possible. Position details can be found below.
- Addiction Studies (courses in programs designed to train students to become alcohol and other drug counselors, see C-ID ADS descriptors)
- Business Office Technologies (find the C-ID BSOT descriptors under Office Technology/Business Information Worker)
- Information Technology Information Services
- Public Health Science
Spring 2021 Discipline Leads will be identified no later than February 1, 2021. These Leads would receive a stipend of $500 for their work in the spring. Upon successful completion of their tasks and a determination that there is additional OER work to be done for their discipline, these Discipline Leads will be asked to continue their work during the 2021-2022 academic year.
Discipline Lead Tasks (Spring 2021)
- Update Canvas presence or resource list
- Review resources for the discipline as identified by C-ID in COOL4Ed (this site allows faculty to identify the OER they are using – we want to ensure the data are accurate and use this data to inform our resource list) (COOL4Ed Course Materials Showcase)
- Prioritize discipline needs
- Update discipline collection by TMC or Model Curriculum (MC) (if applicable)
- Conduct one discipline showcase webinar or one discipline conversation. A “conversation” is an informal webinar that is not recorded and emphasizes discussion
- Serve as a discipline resource
- Experience teaching at least 3 different courses in the discipline
- California community college faculty (full-time or part-time)
- Foundational knowledge of OER
- Curriculum experience, especially work related to C-ID and TMC/MC
- OER author, curator, or adopter
- OER advocacy experience
- Faculty leadership experience
ASCCC OERI Application Procedure
If you previously submitted an application, we have your information and you will be considered for any position you have indicated an interest in it. If you submitted an application previously and are uncertain as to what you indicated, you may either resubmit the application or submit a letter describing your interests and qualifications to the ASCCC OERI. Both the ASCCC OERI Application and the ASCCC Faculty Application for Statewide Service need to be completed.
Please direct any questions about this opportunity to our general OERI e-mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)