The following provides examples of existing OER that can be used for the indicated courses. Please find all potential OER identified for the discipline at Open Educational Resources and Psychology.
Introductory Psychology (PSY 110)
- Psychology 2e (OpenStax) (CC BY)
- Discover Psychology 2.0: A Brief Introductory Text (Diener and Biswas-Diener) (CC-BY-NC-SA)
Introduction to Statistics (MATH 110)
- Elementary Statistics for Behavioral and Social Sciences (Oja) – LibreTexts (CC BY-NC-SA/CC BY-SA)
- Introductory Statistics (OpenStax); Introductory Statistics (OpenStax) – LibreTexts (CC BY 4.0)
- Introduction to Psychological Statistics by Foster, Lane, Scott, Hebl, Guerra, Osherson, Zimmer, 2018 (CC BY-NC-SA)
- Math 110 stats with instructor resources (CC BY-NC-SA) (canvas course created by Los Medanos College instructors)
- Research Methods in Psychology (Price, Jhangiani, Chiang, Leighton, Cuttler) (CC BY-NC-SA)
- Research Methods in Psychology (Dudley, 2019) (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
List A – Select one of:
Introduction to Biological Psychology (PSY 150)
Currently under development by ASCCC OERI.
Introduction to Biology (No C-ID)
Concepts of Biology (OpenStax) (CC BY 4.0)
Human Biology (No C-ID)
List B – Select one of:
Any List A course not used above or any course that has articulation as lower division major preparation for the psychology major at a CSU.
Introduction to Social Psychology (PSY 170)
- Principles of Social Psychology (University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing, 2015) (CC BY-NC-SA)
- Principles of Social Psychology – 1st International Edition (Stangor) (CC BY-NC-SA)
- Together: The Science of Social Psychology (Variety of Authors) (Noba) (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
Introduction to Lifespan Psychology (PSY 180)
- Lifespan Development: A Psychological Perspective Second Edition (Lally and Valentine-French) (CC BY-NC-SA)
- Lifespan Development (Lumen Learning) (License varies)
Introduction to Sociology (SOCI 110)
- Introduction to Sociology 2e (OpenStax) (CC BY 4.0)
- Introduction to Sociology (Hammond, Cheney, Pearsey); Introduction to Sociology (Hammond, Cheney, Pearsey) – LibreTexts (CC BY)
List C – Select one of:
Any courses not selected above, any CSU transferable psychology courses, and/or other courses that are lower division preparation for the psychology major at a university – in or outside of the discipline.
Introduction to Abnormal Psychology (PSY 120)
- Essentials of Abnormal Psychology (Bridley and Daffin Jr.) (CC BY-NC-SA)
- Abnormal Psychology (Lumen Learning) (Licenses vary by page)
This page last updated 4-2-22.