This course is designed to give new California Community College (CCC) faculty members the information they need to be successful members of the CCC community. It is intended to orient faculty to the general workings of the CCC system as it relates to successfully educating students and to prepare faculty to participate effectively in governance at both the local and statewide levels.
Approximate time to complete: 2-4 hours.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- successfully navigate the governance environments of the California Community Colleges (CCCs), both systemwide and locally.
- effectively contribute to the committee work of the college.
- integrate learning theory and teaching strategy into the practice of teaching.
- implement strategies for managing students in a variety of class settings.
- exhibit an understanding of the complex nuances of the CCC culture.